We believe in managing water better.
We do this by working closely with customers, industry experts, academia, and employees. We constantly innovate and deliver high value products and services that rapidly provide insights about water quality.
As a key member of the Applications team reporting to the VP Marketing & Sales, the Application Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide subject matter expertise in the development and delivery of technical content including training collateral, certification programs, validation documents, whitepapers, application notes, and case studies.
- Provide technical support for external and internal customers for troubleshooting issues and to ensure proper product application use.
- Manage relations with external researchers and academics in the development and execution of proof-of-concept and application-focused R&D studies.
- Manage and grow metadata classifications, algorithm development, and centralized data analysis initiatives in LuminUltra Cloud.
- Support for customer data migration and data analysis to improve customer experience and determine ROI.
- Competitive intelligence gathering and dissemination in collaboration with commercial and RD&C teams.
- Provide technical perspective on promotional activities including brochures, email blasts, landing pages, social media postings, and blog articles.
- Participate in conference/trade show planning and execution (before, during and after) and attend applicable technical sessions/workshops.
- Laboratory analysis of customer samples for validation and/or troubleshooting purposes.
- Assist in the training of new customers and sales representatives (both internal and external) in getting started with LuminUltra’s solutions through interactive training sessions.
- Maintain records in CRM.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Chemistry or Biology.
- Expertise in microbiological control and bioinformatics would be considered strong assets.
- Knowledge of microbiological control in the Oil & Gas or Industrial sectors would be considered a strong asset.
- Data science, coding and statistics experience are considered strong assets.
- Knowledge of chemistry principles, calculations, and lab hygiene best practices.
- Experience providing support to clients on technical issues an asset.
- Training and/or marketing related experience an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Strong organizational & time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.