We are seeking a Bridge Engineer to join our team in Halifax, NS.
The incumbent will be part of a highly professional team that provides consulting, project management and detailed engineering expertise on numerous bridge design projects. As a fully competent engineer, he/she will:
- be independently responsible for varied engineering assignments;
- perform most assignments with instructions as to the general results expected;
- plan and conduct work requiring judgement in independent evaluation, and substantial adaption and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria;
- devise new approaches to problems encountered; and
- receive technical guidance for unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
The incumbent may supervise or coordinate the work other engineers and technicians on assigned projects, but supervision of others is not a continuing responsibility.
Assigned tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Prepares work plans, schedules, and budgets;
- Performs analysis of complex structures;
- Prepares design calculations and drawings in accordance with applicable design codes;
- Prepares standard construction documents, such as technical specifications and tender documents;
- Prepares engineering reports and other technical documents; and
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering, Master's degree in Structural Engineering is preferred, with minimum 4+ years of related experience in Bridge Design, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in home province or state, or ability to obtain;
- Active participation in professional associations;
- Experience in design and construction of bridges;
- Experience working with modern bridge design codes;
- Experience with 3D structural modeling and familiarity with analysis software such as SAP2000 and ADINA;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Ability to work collaboratively within project teams located locally and/or remotely;
- Experience and ability preparing proposals and participating in business development is an asset; and
- Ability and willingness to travel is an asset