Transportation Infrastructure is seeking highly skilled and motivated individuals who aspire to work on exciting projects in a fast paced environment. In this role, you will have hands-on involvement in managing multi-faceted transportation projects such as the Green Line Light Rail Transit (LRT), the Southwest Ring Road connections, and the Bus Rapid Transit Program through the concept, design, and construction phases. Primary duties include:
- Develop project implementation plans for capital projects up to $200 million.
- Work with consultants and contractors to ensure that targets are met, and projects are delivered on schedule, on budget, and meet quality standards.
- Manage construction contracts and operations, ensuring effective teamwork, communication, high standards of work quality, organizational performance, and continuous learning.
- Analyze project risks and market conditions, review available procurement alternatives, recommend contractor and consultant selection methods, prepare documents, and assist in selection.
- Liaise with internal City departments, regulatory agencies, consultants, and contractors to establish coordination of designs and construction acceptance with other City business units.
- Communicate effectively with members of the public and other external stakeholders.
- Coach, mentor, and provide oversight to junior team members.
- Research and prepare reports for Committee and Council.
- Present to stakeholders at open houses, committee meetings and Council meetings.
- A degree in Civil Engineering or a related Engineering field, registration as a Professional Engineer in Canada, and current licensure as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) or licensure by the first day of work.
- A minimum of 4 years of post-professional engineering designation experience, including considerable hands-on experience with municipal infrastructure projects.
- A thorough understanding of civil design and construction.
- Previous experience with ISO 14001 and environmental guidelines.
- Well developed communication, organization, and leadership skills; a high attention to detail, political sensitivity, and a strong customer focus.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.