Founded twenty-five years ago, Wentzell Engineering Limited has been providing its customers with professional forensic investigation and consulting services. As a result of our commitment to providing the best in forensic investigation services and the growing demand by insurance claims and legal professionals for these services, we require another highly skilled Forensic Engineer to join our progressively growing team. We have an immediate opening for a Forensic Engineer for our Nova Scotia office from where we carry out work throughout Atlantic Canada.
Our mission for our clients is to deliver certainty and confidence when they need it most – to determine cause and responsibility for litigation - when structures, vehicles, equipment or systems have been damaged by fire or other catastrophes. We are technical experts and trusted advisors. Our expertise is uncompromised and deep, capable of withstanding all forms of scrutiny. Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating detailed analysis of the incident scene to determine the origin and cause for fires and failures. To include documentation of what “did not” cause the incident.
- Analyse failure mechanisms/modes and determine the cause.
- Interview witnesses, which includes owner(s), occupants, tenants, service personnel and other local officials as to their actions associated with the incident.
- Identify possible subrogation and/or liability issues; i.e., products and/or services associated with the incident and retrieval of related reports/documentation.
- Preserve equipment/components, etc. for further evaluation/ review.
- Store evidence retrieved from the scene pending client’s written disposition instructions.
- Evaluate physical evidence, and its potential association with the cause and/or subrogation and/or liability.
- Research Consumer Product Safety Commission and other sources for product related safety bulletins and/or recall notices.
- Not be adverse to getting your hands dirty and doing physical work where and when required as part of your scene work.
Reporting to the President located in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia the successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Professional Engineer (preference given to Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical) with a minimum of five (5) years practicing experience or,
- A combination of related education and experience (i.e. Journeyman or Technologist who has furthered their career by enrolling and completing a post-secondary program in Engineering).
- Previous experience in fire investigation processes will be considered an asset.
- Must be willing to travel on short notice to incident sites.
- Willing to further their education by attending fire investigation education and training programs.
Additional personal qualities will include:
- A great deal of common sense and a practical approach to problem solving.
- Have good listening skills and the patience to think before speaking.
- Be comfortable with keeping confidential information confidential.
- Superior written and oral communication skills for an industry where accuracy is paramount.
- Must be thorough in your investigative work and take pride in the work you do.
If you are a self starter who has a passion for why or how things breakdown and fail and do not believe “anything is possible” then this opportunity is for you, please send your resume along with a letter of introduction on why this opportunity appeals to you and why you are the right candidate for the role to:
Wentzell Engineering Limited
PO Box 392, Bridgewater, NS, B4V 2X6
We would like to thank all prospective applicants; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.