Senior Bridge Engineer
Close Date: Until filled
Location: Fredericton, NB or Halifax, NS
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can bring creative solutions to important projects while being a part of a friendly and close-knit team? Do you want to work for an organization that offers work life balance with a work hard have fun motto, and in an environment where employees are considered members of our family? Then we want to hear from you! Let us help you reach your full potential with professional challenges and opportunity for growth in a wonderful atmosphere.
About the Position
We are currently seeking a Senior Bridge Engineer to become part of bridge design/bridge asset management team with our Opus East team.
We are looking for a candidate who will bring further enthusiasm and energy and will contribute to the Opus Bridge Group around the globe.
The successful applicant will provide experienced management and engineering in all aspects of Bridge Projects with the Opus Team across Canada and around the globe. The successful candidate will be active in the bridge market and build/maintain client relationships through exceptional client communication and Project Management for the delivery of products/services that meet or exceed client expectations. She/he will ensure that projects are managed proactively, effectively, and efficiently.
The successful candidate will also be an active leader through mentoring and communicating effectively with individuals connected to the Bridge Team in Canada and around the globe. As a Senior Bridge Engineer, this individual will champion the Opus Vision, Mission, and Values through significant interation and impact with both internal team members and external clients.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering, with appropriate combination of education and experience
- Be registered with APEGNB/other related Provincial professional designation or be chartered and actively pursue registration
- A minimum 10+ years previous experience in structural bridge design and project management
- Experience with a wide variety of design codes such as the Canadian Highway Bridge Code
- Demonstrated capability to assume project management responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of initiative and motivation; and displays drive, energy and enthusiasm for achieving professional goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and an affinity with Opus Company values;
Opus offers the opportunity to:
- Work alongside people who are leaders in their field, on challenging and rewarding projects that make a real difference to the communities they are based in;
- Access a local and global network of technical knowledge and support;
- Learn new skills as part of a staff development program focused on enabling you to reach your full potential; and
- Utilize a great benefits package comprising of competitive medical and dental benefits, personal and health spending account, RRSP matching program, incentive bonus program, and flexible hours offering work life balance.
If you're interested in this opportunity and feel that you're a great fit for the challenge, we want to hear from you! Please apply through our website on the Careers Page at http://www.opusinternational.ca/careers/.
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces Equal Employment Opportunity & Diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach her/his full potential.