NORTHWEST TERRITORIES POWER CORPORATION
CHIEF TECHNICAL OFFICER, ASSET MANAGEMENT AND ENGINEERING
HAY RIVER, NT
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Chief Technical Officer, Asset Management and Engineering (CTO) provides strategic leadership in managing Asset Management and Engineering programs, policies and procedures. Performs at the executive leadership level as a member of the Executive Committee in developing and directing Corporate goals, financial and business plans, and strategies to ensure the effective planning and delivery of programs and services to achieve the Corporate mandate.
- Provides direction and leadership to Asset Management and Engineering divisional staff in organizing and coordinating the development and delivery of system planning, capital projects delivery and operations support. Identifies requirements of all communities served by NTPC and associated power plants. Meets power generation and delivery needs and operational support needs.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of the Power System Plan, capital budgets, work plans, policies and procedures to ensure efficient and cost effective Engineering programs and services that align with corporate business goals and objectives.
- Monitors and controls capital budgets and compliance with corporate financial policies and procedures.
- Manages and maintains Asset Management, Engineering Design, Project Management and CAD Design competencies, compliance, professional development and succession plans.
- Prepares briefing documents, attends meetings and promotes capital plans, strategies, initiatives and projects to Board of Directors, Government departments, clients, agencies, partner utilities and community stakeholders.
- Demonstrates safety leadership at all times and adheres to all aspects of the NTPC Health, Safety and Environmental programs.
- Engineering degree required; Electrical, Mechanical and Civil disciplines will be considered.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the electrical utility or related industry.
- Eligible as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Northwest Territories.
- Solid management track record with specific accomplishments in directing capital engineering design and construction projects.
- A high level of understanding of current engineering principles and trends in the electric utility industry.
- A high level of understanding of asset management practices.
- Knowledge of administrative and financial planning procedures to coordinate activities and to develop, implement and monitor program plans, capital and operating budgets.
- MBA, Masters or other advanced degrees preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation and communication skills to provide direction and guidance to engineering work groups, build consensus, and motivate staff across the organization as a member of the executive team.
- Good analytical, investigative, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle confrontational situations in the government, corporate and public sectors and to defend the actions and programs of the Corporation.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations.
- Requires sensitivity to the political, legal, safety and environmental concerns facing the Corporation.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must undergo a successful criminal background check.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Pays between $185,000 and $205,000 per year depending on experience, plus $7,773 in living allowances.
Comprehensive benefits package, which includes Health and Dental Benefits, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, paid Sick Days and a Defined Pension Plan.
Please send resumes to:
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
#4 Capital Drive
Hay River NT X0E 1G2
Fax: (867) 874-5229 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote competition #: 17-HR-16
Closing date: Open until suitable candidate is found.
Please note that this position was previously advertised as Director, Asset Management and Engineering.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.