Reporting to the Director, Transmission and Distribution, the Asset Manager provides asset management services for the Corporation’s transmission and distribution systems.
- Manages the Corporation’s assets for transmission, distribution and substation systems to ensure that initiatives, tasks/projects with regards to asset purchase, maintenance, replacement and retirement are completed effectively, safely and efficiently.
- In consultation with other NTPC’s departments, develops a corporate asset inventory and subsequently updates this inventory on an annual basis.
- Carry out condition assessment of 1/3 of assets every year, analyse business risk due to their conditions, and develop 20 year capital plan to replace the assets of transmission, distribution and substations.
- Develop scope, estimated cost, priority and business cases of capital projects and get budgets approved.
- Implement predictive maintenance program to take proactive action to perform corrective actions on necessary assets before they fail utilising computer maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Execute capital and vegetation management projects within the scope schedule and budget.
- Provide technical support services to others for management of the assets.
- Prepares Requests-for-Proposals (RFPs). Carries out the analysis of RFPs received, recommending the selection of appropriate consultants.
- Assists in establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPI), for T&D to ensure that management strategy meets its annual goals.
- Takes part in the development and selection of T&D technical standards, procedures and policies.
- Supervision of T&D Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years of distribution utility experience as a Professional Engineer.
- Eligibility for registration with NAPEG as a Professional Engineer in a relevant Discipline.
- Experience in Asset Management in a utility setting with Transmission & Distribution.
- Accomplished computer skills (MS Office suite, MS Project, Outlook, etc.) and ability to apply relevant design software.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Above average interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with design, construction and maintenance of assets situated in a northern environment.
- Must undergo a successful criminal background check.
Salary pays up to $151,319 plus location, and accommodation allowances of approximately $7,773 per annum. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes Health and Dental Benefits, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, paid Sick Days and a Defined Pension Plan.
Please send resumes to:
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
Please quote competition #: 42-HR-16
Closing Date: January 6, 2017 at 5:00pm (MT)
Affirmative Action Employer - Candidates must clearly identify eligibility status in order to receive priority consideration.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.